MAnager of Content with Auxiliary Web Storage
MACAWS provides the basic pieces for creating a web app or specialized CMS of any sort.
- Schema-less persistent data store (a MySQL alternative, like Amazon SimpleDB but local, using Berkeley DB) – ideally one could migrate to Amazon SimpleDB (for scale) without changing database layouts or application logic
- Basic roles and OpenID based authentication
- Versioned text file store
- Support for uploading to third party web storage for larger resources like images
- Available separately: Portable (Mono: Mac, Linux, .NET: Windows) file Uploader integrated with web app user db (OpenID) and third party auxiliary storage